Scottish Beer Awards
Final call to celebrate best Scottish beers
The national awards programme for Scottish brewing has issued its final call for entries as the deadline for written submissions approaches.
Brewers across Scotland are now preparing their nominations for the second annual Aldi sponsored Scottish Beer Awards, in 16 categories covering the both taste and business performance.
With just over two weeks to written entry deadline, brewers are being reminded to take advice on their entries from the team at KD Media who are offering last minute support and tips.
Submissions should address all of the specific category criteria set out in the entry guide and should be supported by images, plans, testimonials and credentials.
Full guidelines in the competition entry guide can be downloaded from the Scottish Beer Awards website.
The judging panel have outlined some final tips to brewers when putting together their entries to ensure a stand out submission in the competition:
- Criteria: Check that your entry ticks all the boxes in terms of answering the criteria in each category you are entering. If it helps, use the guidelines as headings throughout your submission.
- Clarity: Keep your writing simple and concise. Include information which tells the story of your team or individual. By using a strong opening paragraph this will help grab the attention of judges.
- Presentation: The look and feel of your entry is important and judges will recognise effort in preparation and clear presentation. Make sure you include images that best showcase the project.
- Testimonials: Back up your entry with named client, supplier or staff testimonials, and don’t forget to include industry credentials.
- Share your success: The more you can demonstrate how you overcame challenges to produce a great result the better. Show how you achieved success by working collaboratively.
- Increase your chances: Enter as many categories as you can to spread the word of your achievements across the judging panel and the competition.
- Take time: Triple check your submission and supporting information to ensure it covers the criteria and guidelines as best it can. Make sure to proof-read your statements. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes detract from the quality of the nomination.
The entry deadline for the business performance categories is Tuesday 25 April and entries can be submitted online here. If you have any questions regarding your entries or would like some advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0131 337 6232.