Showcase for Scots talent
Five entrepreneurs set for tech expo adventure
TechCrunch Disrupt enables companies to introduce game-changing technologies and a hand-picked Scottish contingent will exhibit some of the ideas emanating from north of the border. They are
- Cally Russell (pictured) – Founder and CEO of Mallzee, the multi-retailer personalised shopping app
- Ian Stevenson – CEO of Cyan Forensics, pioneering rapid forensic triage for law enforcement
- Alex McAndrew – Co-founder and MD at Yavi, the organiser app for managing shift working teams
- James Varga – Founder and CEO of The ID Co – improving digital security via a virtual passport, miicard for individuals and DirectID – a bank verified identity for businesses.
- Eddie Robb, Founder and CEO of Make it Social, the one stop group booking/planning/paying platform.
Edinburgh recently beat Cambridge, Leeds, London and Manchester to be named British Entrepreneurial City of the Year.
It was judged against four criteria; quality of life that attracts smart, entrepreneurial people, access to capital and talent, start up ecosystems and entrepreneurial culture and access to mentors and support networks.
With a vibrant tech scene Edinburgh has also gained a reputation as a progressive innovative city with readers of European Business magazine recently voting Edinburgh as the best city to locate a tech business.