Agency moves to west end
Story ready for next chapter with relocation
Story, the creative and communications agency, and its newly acquired digital agency The Weather, is expanding and relocating its head office to larger premises in Edinburgh’s west end as a result of growth in the business.
With a joint head count of 43, the new offices in Atholl Crescent will provide much needed extra room for its expanding creative and account handling teams.
The firm was set up in 2002 and is part of themission, a national marketing communications and advertising group with 18 offices across the UK. Story has a turnover of £11.2 million and recently added several members to the team:
- Lauren Jones has joined as an account director; with over 10 years agency experience she will work across several accounts with a primary focus on Highland Spring account.
- Andy Tucker has recently started at Story as a senior copywriter working across the business portfolio.
- Jack Cummings has joined the company’s graduate training programme as an account executive, after recently graduating from Strathclyde University.
- Aidy Fenwick has taken up the role of an account manager; previous clients include, visitscotland, Scottish Government and DF concerts.
The Weather has expanded its digital offering with 2 appointments:
- Greg Armstrong has been offered the position of software developer. Previously employed at Blackrock where he worked as a Financial Technical Analyst, Greg bring a wealth of technical experience.
- Niamh Donoghue will also be starting on the graduate training programme and has come on board as a graduate account executive. Niamh has already been part of The Weather team as a student intern for the past year and a half.
Sue Mullen, managing director at Story UK, said: “This is an exciting year for Story UK; with the acquisition of the digital agency The Weather; recruitment and expansion of our creative and account handling teams, and the ongoing business growth and development. We are of course sad to be leaving Leith after 13 years but this move sees a new chapter in our book, as we continue to deliver creative integrated campaigns for our clients, we are all ready for the next exciting chapter in our Story to begin.
Story’s clients include:
- Bield Housing Association
- M&S Bank
- Highland Spring Group
- The Scottish Government
- Ardbeg Malt Whisky
- first direct
- Edinburgh Partners
- Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools
- Glenmorangie LVMH
- Jill Todd Trust
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Waverley Care
- NHS24 Scotland
- North Highland Initiative