The maker of Edinburgh rock has been saved from closure after a local businessman stepped in and bought it. Entrepreneur James Anderson has acquired the brand and the Loanhead factory which employs 12 staff.
Ross’s of Edinburgh has made the confectionery since 1880. Closure was announced in February.
The decision to wind up the factory was made by Graham Ross, the great grandson of James Ross, who founded the business as a small sweet shop near Edinburgh University.
The company also make pan drops, soor plooms, violet creams, candy-striped Berwick Cockles, aromatics and rhubarb rock.