Budget: Full coverage
Budget Special: news & opinion on Chancellor’s statement
Daily Business brings you unrivalled coverage of The Budget from a Scottish perspective. The Budget pages are an item-by-item listing of the main issues, including reaction from every sector affected and opinion from seven columnists.
To access the Budget pages click here https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/category/budget/
or click on the grey Budget panel near the foot of this page.
The Budget pages will be updated as news and opinion emerges.
Main news items:
* Income tax thresholds raised
* New Help-to-Buy ISA for homebuyers
* Cuts in whisky and beer taxes
* New tax package for the oil and gas industry
* Latest economic forecasts
Commentators providing analysis across the range of issues:
* Terry Murden, Editor of Daily Business
* Jeff Salway, leading personal finance writer
* Hugh Aitken, new director of CBI Scotland
* Colin Borland, head of Scotland’s leading small business group, FSB
* Alan Steel, a leading personal finance adviser and commentator
* David Glen, head of Scotland office, PwC
* Susannah Simpson, an expert in enterprise at PwC